August 4, 2019 ~ 9:00 am CSTPine Mountain Resort, Iron Mountain Michigan
Are you tough enough? Are you fast enough?
Pine Mountain 500 is an outdoor 500-stair climb event covering a 44% grade. A one-of-its-kind premier athletic event presented by seasoned athletes and event coordinators from the Rotary Club of Iron Mountain – Kingsford.
15 & up $30, 14 & under $20 (Includes food & drink, custom-designed Pine Mountain 500 medal and participant shirt). Price increases by $5 after July 7.
Do I have to run?
Nope! Run, walk, jog, wog, crawl…we want all ages & abilities to join us!
Will there be wave starts?
Officials will make that decision as the event date nears. We feel there will be some natural separation on the 2.5 downhill section before the stair climb, but if numbers warrant, we will implement waves to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all.
How will this event be timed?
Participants will be chip-timed. You will cross a mat at the start of your race, at the bottom of the stairs, and at the top of the stairs. You will receive both an overall time and a time for the stair climb only.
What type of equipment is needed?
Typical running shoes.
Can spectators attend?
Yes, spectators, friends and family are welcome to attend but will not be allowed onto the stairs.
Where can I park?
Participants and spectators may park at the bottom of Pine Mountain near packet pickup at the Popple Palace. Shuttles will be available to get to the top of Pine Mountain. You are also welcome to climb the Pine Mountain 500 to get yourself to the top if you are feeling crazy!
Is it open to anyone?
Yes, but children ages 12 or under must be accompanied by a registered adult.
What can I win?
All finishers will receive a finisher’s medal and will be eligible for age group and/or overall awards as well as our coveted “King & Queen of the Mountain” titles.
I can no longer participate in the event, how can I get a refund?
We do not process refunds or transfers.
1. Slower participants must stay to the right; no poles allowed; no physical contact between racers.
2. Stairs are for volunteers and participants only.
3. If you find you cannot finish the race, please notify a volunteer and step to a side platform immediately.
4. The Rotary Pine Mountain 500 concludes with a timing mat at the top of the stairs. The trail will continue alongside of the UP Veterans’ Memorial – please be respectful of this space.
5. Bib transfers and refunds are not permitted.
6. No smoking is permitted on course grounds.
7. Portable music devices are not allowed as participants need to be aware of others attempting to pass on the stairs.
8. Once you complete the course and cross the timing mat, please move through the finishers’ chute to avoid congestion.
9. HAVE FUN!